Top things to do in Hikkaduwa
Listed below are the Important Facts about Hikkaduwa,
– There are numerous little ad hoc Ayurveda centres dotted around Wewala and Thiranagama, though they’re all very low-key compared with the flashy resorts at Beruwala and Bentota. The Ayurveda Hospital, just north of Cool Spot café, is the best and most authentic place offering a range of very cheap standard therapies including oil and herbal baths.
Banks and exchange
– There are branches of the Commercial Bank, the Bank of Ceylon and the People’s Bank dotted along the main road south of Hikkaduwa’s bus station; all have ATMs accepting foreign cards.
rental – A number of places along the main road have knackered old bikes for rent . Wear helmet, or take your own with you.
– A load of places along the Galle Rd offer all sorts of collectables, including plenty of kolam masks (the quality is actually often as high here as in Ambalangoda) and more unusual wooden sculptures.
– 400m down Baddegama Rd, behind the bus station (just before the Gangarama Mahavihara), has a batik factory and a decent range of pieces , as well as clothes and sarongs.
– This is a must see if you are in the Hikkaduwa area.Hundreds of tiny turtles hatched and safely taken to the sea. If you are lucky you can carry some into the surf